My First Sweater Class - Part 2 Set-In Sleeves
This is a continuation of My First Sweater Class.
Students will customize a bottom-up, set-in sleeve pullover sweater pattern. Topics covered include:
- Confirming desired finished sweater size
- Customizing design with neckline, textures, colors
- Reviewing gauge
- Brief introduction to intarsia and short rows
- Deeper dive into yarn considerations (fibers, maybe holding two yarns together, different colors, etc)
- 'Reading' your work, fixing mistakes
- Reviewing basting, assembling pieces, neckline finishes
Prerequisites: Completion of My First Sweater Class part 1
The Knitter's Handy Book of Sweater Patterns (pre-order by May 1)
Worsted weight yarn. Quantity determined by sweater size
Knitting needles to achieve desired gauge
Instructor: Barbara Paley
The class will take place inside the shop.
***All of our staff are fully vaccinated. To help keep our community safe, we require proof of vaccination. Please check in at the register prior to class. As always, please keep your mask on at all times while in the shop. Thank you!