Lucky 13 of the Week: Week 5
It's that time again!
We have another 13 yarns to move to sale this week. Don't waste another second - go check them out!
1. First up is Miski by Mirasol. It's 100% llama (soft like baby alpaca!) at a slightly heavier than worsted weight gauge. It's wonderful for a cowl or slouchy hat. The heathered colorways make this a fan favorite! We put two pattern books that feature Miski on sale as well and both are written by the much-loved designer Jane Ellison! Check out Book 26 and Book 16 now.
2. Rialto Lace is the lightest of the Rialto line. This yarn has the same durability and stitch definition that we love in the heavier Rialto yarns (which is a quality unusual to find in a lace yarn!). It's actually machine washable (yet another rare quality within lace yarns) so people have used it for their small gauge cardigans and pullovers.
3. Giant Purls by Pagewood Farm is a handspun yarn adorned with felted poufs of wool! We like grabbing some 17 needles and making a fun and quick drop stitch scarf with just one skein. It's very unique and exciting to knit!
4. Merino Extrafine 40 is a superwash merino wool available in a super bulky gauge. It's great for a thick (and durable!) beanie or scarf.
5. Kid Seta Pearl is a beaded mohair, but it's only available in store! You'll have to drop by to snag this beauty. It's amazing for a shawl or cowl. You could also strand it with a thicker yarn if you're just looking to add a bit of sparkle and softness.
7. Oooh la la! There's nothing not to love about Pure Cashmere by Debbie Bliss. It's the perfect yarn to make a special gift to a friend. Perhaps fingerless gloves or a cozy hat? We went ahead and put the last copy of the Pure Cashmere Collection on sale as well. The patterns are so beautiful!
8. Colca Canyon is funky chain spun alpaca that you'll find is slightly slubby in texture. Need a quick project idea that only takes one skein? Check out the Eyelet Cowl pattern, available free from Plymouth Yarns!
9. Angora Super by Anny Blatt was a staff and customer favorite for many years. It's perfect for a baby hat or booties, but we also love adding it to ribbon yarn to make a dazzling drop stitch scarf. The combination of soft and fluffy with a shimmery, silky ribbon yarn is truly unique.
10. Lamp by Karabella is a special novelty yarn perfect for jazzing up a plainer project. It features rectangular sequins that jump in and out of your knitting as you work. The black and gold combination is really dramatic!
11. Seduce by Berroco is a really unique blend of rayon, linen and silk. The cord-like texture is surprisingly great for summer tops or scarves. It's lightweight and drapey but doesn't really stretch out with time or wear. We love it!
12. As you probably know, we love our sparkles! Superstar is a bulky (yet lofty) yarn with tiny sequins throughout. We've used it arm knitting (held along with Blue Sky Bulky), but alone it would make a lovely cowl. Come by or view it online!
13. Our last item is a beautiful undyed 100% yak in a sportweight gauge. We only were able to order a few skeins of this beauty, so if you appreciate the beauty of undyed and minimally processed fibers, you won't want to miss this!