Lucky 13 of the Week: Week 3
It's our favorite time of the week! Here's the next 13 lucky yarns to hit our sale section.
If you missed last week's lucky 13, click here to shop. There's still quite a few goodies left!
1. Geilsk Tweed is a wonderful yarn for colorwork. If you're not quite ready to take the plunge, you can always make some lovely (and rustic) fingerless mitts! Perhaps a hat to match...?
2. Royal Alpaca is truly sale section royalty! Did you know that only 1% of all alpaca fiber production in the world can be classified as royal? Royal alpaca is completely de-haired and incredible soft, light and warm. In one word, it's special. There's only a few skeins left, so treat yourself to one before it's all gone!
3. (SOLD OUT!) Merino Extrafine Color 120 is springy, soft and way too much fun to knit with. The yarn will pattern as you knit, making it a great choice for kids' clothes, hats or socks.
4. It wouldn't be Lucky 13 of the Week without a little glamour! Kidsilk Haze Glamour is everything you love about Kidsilk Haze with a touch of sparkle. Subtle sequins are woven throughout and will appear randomly as you knit. It makes a beautiful cowl knit loosely, but Katelyn loves stranding it with her favorite yarn Misti Chunky for a sparkly take on the Lake Street Cowl!
5. Debbie Bliss's Milano is going to be a tough one to let go of! The staff loves the texture of this unique tweed. It has great structure, lending itself to jackets, shells and more. The Milano Chic book has some amazing pattern ideas and until supplies last, we're putting our remaining stock on sale for only $9.99.
6. Pixie Dust Mini by Knit Collage is the little sister of Pixie Dust, a uber bulky hand spun wool. In the mini version, the fiber colors are handspun a little differently (one after the other instead of carded together) and is perfect for lighter weight accessories. You'll find a lot of cute ideas here on Ravelry.
7. As you probably figured out by now, when you opt for large needles and bulky yarn, you sometimes end up with an item that is overwhelming heavy and hot. This chain spun super bulky alpaca blend, Mondial Peru, is the answer to your prayers! It's lofty and lightweight, but knits up quick on big needles. You could make an uber cozy shawl or pullover for chillier months ahead without spending a lot of time or money!
8. Filara is such a cool yarn. The texture is "noodle like" (which is much more appealing than it might sound!) and makes for such a soft and squishy fabric. You can knit it loosely and it will still retain a bit of bounce. Filara is available in several fun colors!
9. All Seasons Chunky from Rowan is yet another large gauge yarn that doesn't feel large when worn. The slightly springy texture of this yarn might change your mind about bulky weight cottons. The addition of acrylic adds that bit of elasticity that pure cottons lack.
10. Tristan is a luminous linen/viscose blend that would make a breathtaking shawl or bolero. It's super drapey and great for warmer weather. The subtle color changes give it that extra oomph!
11. Rialto 4-Ply is one of the skinniest members of the Rialto family and knits up beautifully at a fingering weight gauge. We love its stitch definition, springiness and washability. It's perfect for baby sweaters, fine gauge gloves and much, much more!
12. Lovely, lovely bamboo! Bamtastic from Plymouth is a super soft blend of bamboo and nylon. It's an easy choice for baby hats and garments because it is lovely on sensitive skin and available in soft pastels.
13. Quemchi is another lovely linen blend. This particular one would lend itself nicely to a simple pullover or tank. We usually knit linen at a looser gauge, so keep that in mind when searching for a pattern!
That's it for the week! Don't forget, we still have 5 more weeks left as we count down to our 13th anniversary. See you soon!