Lucky 13 of the Week: Week 1
After a fun "sale on sale" weekend to kick off our anniversary sale, we couldn't wait another day to announce the first wave of our "Lucky 13 of the Week" sale yarns.
As we mentioned last week in the newsletter and blog, we are officially counting down to our 13th anniversary in September and celebrating by putting 13 new yarns on sale a week for 8 weeks. That's over 100 yarns total!
Now that we're all caught up, let's cut the chase. What yarns are going on sale this week? Scroll to find out!
1) First up we have Sublime Extra Fine Merino Lace. This yarn will bode well for a lacey scarf or shawl thanks to the great stitch definition. The colors are bright and summery, making this lace yarn really stand out from the crowd!
2) Papyrus by Island Yarn is a super squishy hand dyed sock yarn. We only have a few skeins left, so if you see one you like snap one up and treat yourself to a new pair of socks!
3) Leinen Los (by the folks who make Zauberball) is a really unique wool and linen blend. The staff loves it (and already grabbed their share) and highly recommend it for a funky shawl or drapey cardi.
4) Merino 120 is a springy, superwash merino from Lang. Katelyn loves it for fingerless gloves, but it's also a good pick for beanies, baby items and slippers.
5) Alpaca? ON SALE? We're not sure we even need to say more, but don't worry - we will! Cascade's yummy Baby Alpaca Chunky is always what we crave on a cool night (and a great pick for folks living in colder climates). It's a definite for accessories, gifts and more.
6) Tumble by Rowan is just so much fun! It's ultra soft and fluffy. Made from mostly alpaca, we have some lovely subtle striping colors available that would make wonderful accessories.
7) Fuzzy Purls by Pagewood Farm is handspun in the US and is definitely one of the most unique yarns in the store. Grab some jumbo needles and one skein of these fur ball embellished beauties and you'll have yourself a scarf in just a couple of hours! Only a few skeins remain. Don't miss this one!
8) Alegretto is for the 80's kid at heart! Available only in neon colors, it knits up quick into a fantastic scarf or hat. It is super soft and ultra thick.
9) Need some extra sparkle this week? On Line's Party is a ribbon yarn with a lot of bling. It's would be glorious for a clutch purse or as an accent in a jacket or scarf. It's available in silver, black and copper.
10) Lovely, lovely Lenga! Araucania's beautiful chunky weight cotton blend Lenga is blended with silk and microfiber for shimmer and drape. The colors are so subtly beautiful. Don't miss out on this one!
11) Apologies to our online customers, but the next beauty on our list is currently only available in store. Jade Sapphire's Maju (a scrumptious hand dyed 100% silk) is now on sale. If you're looking for luxury for less, look no further than Maju!
12) Rowan Panama is a quintessential summer yarn. Viscose, cotton and linen meet to create a yarn that wears well, has the perfect amount of drape and just the right amount of shimmer. The accompanying pattern book is on sale as well until supplies last!
13) Last, but certainly not least, is a 100% cashmere yarn by Araucania called Trauco. Trauco is a lovely light fingering weight yarn and is available in several beautiful hand dyed colorways. You can knit it up loosely for a nice shawl (or tightly into some amazing gloves or socks) or maybe even make yourself a Featherweight Cardigan.
That's all for this week, but there's still 91 yarns to go! Drop by the store or click any of the links or images above to shop the Lucky 13 online. We also have dozens and dozens of additional sale items not mentioned still available in our sale section. Be sure to check back again next week to see what week two of the Lucky 13 has to offer!