Lucky 13 of the Week: Week 4
We're back again with another 13 yarns being featured in our 13th anniversary sale! This week marks our halfway point. We've saled 52 yarns at this point, but still have another 52 to go!
Want to know what moved to sale this week? Scroll for more.
1. Angora Haze from Rowan is a soft and fluffy angora/wool blend (with nylon for durability). This yarn is also great for special baby knits, like a receiving cap or booties.
2. Tahki's Montana is an unprocessed, undyed pure wool available in a super bulky gauge. Folks love it for bulky scarves and cowls, but we can also envision a cozy winter vest or jacket (hello, Katniss cowl!).
3. Stargazer Silk by our friends at Knit Collage is a scrumptious 100% silk yarn spun with brass sequins throughout. The sequins will pop in and out randomly as you knit or crochet the yarn. It's a definitely treat for a special shawl or accessory. We'll be featuring this yarn on our next Free Pattern Friday post. so check back later this week!
4. The biggest member of the Rialto family moves to sale this week. Rialto Chunky (by Debbie Bliss) is a bouncy 100% merino wool. Machine washable and available in a 3-4 stitch per inch gauge, it is pretty pill resistant and will wear nicely. Try it for a beanie or maybe even a handsome cabled scarf! We are in love with the pattern book, on sale here.
5. Merino Silk Fine from Sweet Georgia is a beautiful 50% silk, 50% wool yarn. Because of the silk's drape and sheen, this yarn would be perfect for a lace shawl or scarf. The stitch definition and slight hand dyed color range will lend itself perfectly to lace work!
6. (SOLD OUT!) Ariana by Universal Yarn has that "spaghetti" like texture similar to last week's sale yarn Filara. We love the squish factor of this yarn. Not only would it be nice around the neck, Diane recommends trying this bamboo yarn as a bath mat!
7. Fruit hat? Baby sweater? Beanie? Merino + to the rescue! This worsted weight superwash merino will be your workhorse yarn for a multitude of projects. At this tempting sale price, it wouldn't be a bad idea to stock up for the holidays!
8. Oyster (from Karabella) is a beaded stranding yarn. It is perfect to hold along with other yarns to add a touch of sparkle!
9. Misti Alpaca's Best of Nature line offers organic options dyed naturally with veggies and minerals. Our Best of Nature Organic Cotton is now on sale until supplies last. It's a worsted weight yarn, making it easy to search for pattern ideas. Summer tops are a definite!
10. It's cashmere o'clock! We love Rowan's Pure Cashmere DK. It makes the most delicious fingerless gloves! You can treat yourself to some 100% cashmere glory at an amazing price. Take a peek of the colors we have left!
11. (SOLD OUT!) 3N is one of our biggest yarns at the shop and has almost a rope like texture to it. Because it's so bulky, we love it for arm knitting. You can crank out a unique and cozy cowl in no time! It is available in a couple undyed colorways.
12. (SOLD OUT!) Rustic Silk is a very special yarn from Hand Jive. We have two skeins left at the shop in a gorgeous pink color. It is 100% raw silk and truly unique!
13. We couldn't go a week without adding a bit of sparkle to our sale section! Our last yarn of the week is Plymouth's 24 Karat. It's a spongey tape yarn packed with lots of bling. Strand it with another yarn or try it as a dropped stitch scarf.